Without even analyzing deeply, we are all aware of the fact that among many other internet service providers, Spectrum is the most well-reputed for its reliability and the biggest internet service provider in the United States which almost covers the whole territory and provides well established and fastest speed internet.
Spectrum is not only restricted to providing the best internet service but also blesses the customers with free modems and routers for customers’ easiness when the customer utilizes its services. The fact should be understood by people that machines or electronic gadgets work greatly impressive but sometimes they need our attention and care too.
Although Spectrum has always proved itself as a great and satisfying service provider and the users or customers do really appreciate the services in an attentive manner but sometimes it needs extra attention as well. Purposely, the time is when they start having any minor or major issues in them. Along with many other issues, one issue that is faced by a lot of Spectrum users is about Spectrum self install online light blinking continuously.
Like forever, we are here today to guide you to resolve the issue at home professionally along with the thorough knowledge of all the possible causes and solutions regarding the issue.
Spectrum Self Install Online Light Blinking
As we have already discussed that the spectrum, the internet service provider is one of the top and best internet service providers in the U.S but there are times when things change a little and the problem does arise in a way no matter how popular and authentic the service is.
Likely, whenever we have a new internet connection installed with an internet service provider, you have basically two options to choose from. Either self-installation or spectrum service installation. It is highly recommended you to choose the modem provided by their service provider but in case you choose to self-installed the modem, you are required to be careful about many things such as whether the modem is authentic and approved modems or not.
How to self-install the Modem
If you have chosen to self-installation of the modem, you are advised to follow the steps below in order to properly install the modem successfully yourself.
First of all, attach the coax cable with cable port to one side and modem to the other. Now, attach the power cable. Once done, a blue light will appear on the power light which means that your modem has an accurate power supply.
As soon as the blue light appears, the light named as online light will simultaneously start blinking. It will keep blinking for approximately 2 to 4 minutes until becomes rigid blue.
A tip for you here is that you may wait for at least 20 minutes if the blue light doesn’t become rigid because sometimes it takes a few more minutes than usual.
Causes for Spectrum Self Install online Light Blinking
As you may have notice, the modem has many lights blinking and sparkling on it. All of those lights have their own functions and signals to send to the viewers. The online light on the modem has its own function too. That is the modem has proper and stable power.
It starts to blink while trying to have an established connection with the internet. People have this online light in Blue or White color but majority has in blue. We need to be concerned a bit when the blue light doesn’t stop blinking and keeps on blinking after a great period of time passes. Here, we are suggested to check and look for the issues in the modem.
The causes for the Spectrum self Install online light blinking can be numerous reasons and causes, Among which a few of them is mentioned below;
- There can be a power outage causing the online light keeps blinking.
- That the connection is inactive or unavailable to provide the services.
- The system or connection have any issue with the wirings and cables.
- The device is overage or affected which is making it difficult to function properly.
- The online light has got an issue within it and self-reflecting the wrong signals.
Ways to Solve the Spectrum Self Install online Light Blinking
If the online light still keep on blinking and doesn’t stop after waiting for so long. Here are a few ways for you to try as a man to solve the issue on your own. The most effective and useful ways are mentioned herewith in the procedure to follow along.
1. Rebooting the Router/Modem
Rebooting the router or modem is one of the easiest ways to solve the issue. In order to reboot the device.
- You must power off your PC or other devices connected to the modem.
- Unplug the power cable from the modem or router.
- Wait for a while and plug in the cables again to the power supply.
- Let them connect properly with the internet and vice versa.
- Now, check if the online light stops blinking or not.
2. Check the Cables and Connectors
Another way to try as a means to solve the issue is to check the cables and connectors of the subjected modem/router.
- Check if all the cables are connected in the right ports and outlets.
- Then, check the Spectrum connection line in your territory.
- Plugin and attach the cables tightly to avoid any unplugging.
- Detach and attach the cables on every single link of the whole Spectrum line.
- Reconnect the power supply to your modem and switch it on.
- Check if the issue is solved or not.
3. Resetting the Router/Modem
By simply resetting the router or modem can also assist you to solve the issue at home professionally. For that, you are required to follow the steps mentioned here;
- Firstly, sign/log in to the site with the ID and Password provided by the Spectrum Service provider.
- Find the option of “Your Services” and click on it.
- Now, look for the “Internet”.
- Click on the option of “Experiencing Issues”.
- Click on the “Reset Equipment” finally.
4. Troubleshooting the Router/Modem
No worries if you do not find any of the ways above stated as your solution to your problem. Try working with this solution;
- Sign/Log in your Spectrum Account.
- Find “services” to start checking your modem performance.
- If it ends with a green mark, it means your modem is all well. If red, then understand as an indication of network failure.
- Therefore, click on “Troubleshoot” and reset the modem.
5. Contact Spectrum Support
Despite trying all the possible and advised ways mentioned above in this article, if your issue remains unsolved. In that case, directly contact to Spectrum support provided by the service provider by making a call or dropping an email to the authorized contact.
In the end, we must say that it is extremely easy to solve the spectrum service-related issues yourself at home with minor guidance and correct knowledge. You are not required to be a professional in tech at all.
We have given and blessed you with all the guidelines safe to try in order to quickly fix the issue. They all are tried and tested by our experts before it is being suggested to you for your convince.
We really hope that this writing has helped you a lot in fixing the issue as well as saving your precious time and money.