Electronic gadgets have made our lives heavenly easier and quick with their ultimate properties and benefits which help us to do the task in no time and perfection.
Every new day brings another more advanced technology, more enhanced and improved with better functioning and multitasking that enable us to work less and save our energy and time. However, these gadgets sometimes make faults and do not function as they should.
Therefore, we are on the spot required to fix the problem ourselves. It is easier and safest to fix issues in the minor electronic gadgets but most of the electronic devices and gadgets are of bigger size and consume more energy than usual. Most importantly, these devices are mainly household devices including washing machines, stoves, and all.
The thing to note here is these gadgets and devices are made with a complex and critical mechanism that works when receiving the power that is electricity. The electric current flows normally when the device has no fault but it gets worse and uncontrolled when the device is faulty and has problems in it.
During the time, when you try to fix the issue yourself, you may get a strong shock of voltage which can seriously harm you. For this purpose, a new technology gadget was introduced in the market that is the Anti-Static Wrist Strap which is responsible to remove ESD entirely from your body to prevent electric shocks.
Let’s take an example of laptop, we need to fix a faulty laptop and worry about the electric shock that may hit at any time. Now, the main question that comes to the head of many s about how to use an Anti-Static Wrist Strap with a Laptop to avoid harm and damage while fixing the laptop.
What is an Anti-Static Wrist Strap?
An Anti-Static Wrist Strap is basically a kind of protective wrist strap that helps in preventing the connection between the electrostatic discharge and the electrical gadgets which may end up giving a high voltage electric shock as well as damage the circuit system of the laptop.
This electrostatic discharge is produced by the friction in our bodies when coming into connection with some Materials like walking on a carpet. This creates an imbalance in the accuracy of the current. Therefore, your body may release the discharge toward the gadgets when you come in contact with it. Thus, this wrist strap prevents such activity to happen.
Can we wear the Anti-Static Wrist Strap other than the wrist?
Significantly, as it is a wrist strap which is made to be worn on the wrist of the hand you are engaging into work but still has a feature of wearing it anywhere on your body. Basically, metal is inserted in the strap that needs to be in touch with your body.
Therefore, you can wear the strap wherever you like because its sole function will be fulfilled whenever it comes in touch with our skin.
What are the benefits of an Anti-Static Wrist Strap?
If we start counting them, there can be more benefits of the wrist strap than we have imagined ourselves. However, a number of them are mentioned below;
- It is a key safety gear that prevents the static current from getting in contact with electronic gadgets.
- It prevents damage to the user and the device simultaneously.
- Wired straps are found to be more effective and accurate as compared to wireless.
- If simply avoid the sources which may damage your hardware.
- It keeps you grounded while working on any electronic devices or gadgets.
Is it important to wear an Anti-Static Wrist Strap with the Laptop?
Prevention is always better than regret, in case we follow the saying, it’s better to wear an Anti-Static Wrist strap while fixing your laptop because you may get a strong and hard electric shock causing harm to yourself and damaging your computer systems like hardware, motherboard and the numerous circuits.
It’s prior to wearing the strap in any way and it’s a kind of mandatory measure to follow whenever you try to fix any electronic device or gadgets yourself.
How do we use an Anti-Static Wrist Strap?
Now, this is the most important aspect that you need to know thoroughly and read carefully to make proper use of the strap and prevent damage. Here, we are going to guide you on how to use an Anti-static Wrist strap with laptop to avoid any harm to yourself as well as your laptop.
One thing you need to make sure that the clip you use in the methodology should be firm and strongly hold its place. We have another way for you to follow in case you failed to do the first one.
Stay focused while following the guide to avoid any mess.
- First of all, stand on material that produces electrostatic friction and wear that Anti-Static strap anywhere you are comfortable wearing.
- Switch off the power supply to your computer properly before you make all the preparation as mentioned.
- Now, remove the batteries and directly plug in the power cable to your electrical supply outlet.
- Attach an alligator clip or catcher to the anti-static Strap.
- Here, apply the clip to the metal grill in the power supply outlet and try to make working with the laptop.
- Stay focused and cheerful while keeping a bit of distance is always best to do.
- Turn off all the power supplies so that there would be no electric current.
- Wear your Anti-Static strap and attach the alligator clip or catcher to the metal of the power supply.
- Now, switch on the power supply, here all your body’s electrical discharge will be grounded.
- You can safely work on your laptop now.
This is no joke while working unsafely on electronic gadgets. In fact, it is the most dangerous and hazardous task to do because you yourself are in danger as well as your device.
A responsible and sensible person will always take care of things while following safety measures when playing with such stuff. The Anti-Static Wrist Strap is the best way to prevent such danger.
We have provided you with the detailed procedure of how to use an anti-static wrist Strap with laptop so that you easily operate and utilize it.
We hope this guide has assisted you with your thoughts about the wrist strap. We really wish to see you again in case of further queries.
Also Read: How To Fix Laptop Fan Making Grinding Noise