Sometimes, there are circumstances when we have to be a little more careful and conscious about things than normal. As it says that prevention is better than regret. Likewise, it may not cause damage every time by interrupting the wireless radio between the plane and its towers.
Therefore, it’s better to keep it on airplane mode. Here many MacBook users question the feature of airplane mode on their MacBook and their inability to find the option. For them, it is a bit tricky to find the airplane mode or set MacBook on the mode directly, unfortunately. There are some other ways to turn on the airplane mode on the MacBook.
In this article, we are going to cover how to put MacBook on airplane mode along with some ways for windows laptops as well.
What is airplane mode?
An airplane mode is basically a method to turn off and disconnect all of the wireless radios and connections on your MacBook or laptop. It is usually done when you get on a flight which is supposed to take off shortly.
The mode is mandatory to use because at one point it helps in avoidance of unnecessary drainage and more importantly, it protects against radio interference to the network on the land. it is legally declared compulsory to set your gadget on airplane mode because if we do not do it accordingly, we may cause ourselves or others huge damage.
Why do we need to put our MacBook on airplane mode?
Generally, it is extremely important to know how to put MacBook on airplane mode because it helps you in a lot of ways. The main reason why people are so concerned about it is that it makes sure that no wireless radio gets interrupted or make abnormalities in the radio signals of the plane.
Among many other reasons, it also includes exchanging any data or initiating any communication which may destroy the connection of the plane to its tower on land. Your Wi-Fi becomes disabled so you couldn’t search for any Wi-Fi connection. The same is the case with the Bluetooth connection. Further. It also disables the GPS function of your MacBook as well as helps your battery to last longer.
How to put MacBook on airplane mode?
MacBook doesn’t have a single method to turn on airplane mode. Instead, it has numerous ways to put your MacBook on airplane mode that is found to be highly helpful. Check these ways below to have an immediate effect.
1. Menu bar in MacBook
In order to airplane mode on your MacBook, using the menu bar is an effective way in order to do it easily.
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon on the right side of the menu bar in your MacBook.
- Turn off your Wi-Fi.
- Now, Click on the Bluetooth option on the right side of the MENU Bar in your MacBook.
- Turn off your Bluetooth.
- In this way, your MacBook will put on the airplane mode.
2. System Preferences in MacBook
To put your MacBook on airplane mode, there’s a way through which you can achieve your task which is system preferences. Follow the steps below carefully;
- Click on the apple icon on the left side of menu bar.
- Find system interference and click on it.
- Here, check for Network. And then Click Turn off your Wi-Fi.
- Now, click on Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth as well.
- In this way your airplane mode will enable and the MacBook will put on the mode perfectly.
3. Parallel Toolbox in MacBook
Another useful way as answer to your query on how to put MacBook on airplane mode, you can try this parallel tool method in your MacBook. Follow the instruction below.
- Find and open the program “Parallel Toolbox”
- You will get a few tools, find Airplane mode.
- Click on it when you are asked to confirm the enabling of that mode.
- This will simply turn on the airplane mode on your MacBook within a few seconds.
Here are a few ways for windows laptop too that can help you to turn on and off the airplane mode on your windows laptops effectively.
1. Network Panel in windows laptop
You can try this method of Network Panel in order to turn on your windows laptop’s airplane mode. To do that, you have to follow the instruction below;
- In the icons of the system that it features, you will find an icon of WI-FI.
- Click on WI-FI, your network panel will pop up with a list of available networks.
- There, try finding out the air plane button in the network panel.
- Click on the tab to put your windows laptop on airplane mode.
2. Action Centre in windows laptop
You can put your windows laptop on airplane mode by simply following the below-mentioned steps:
- Select the Action Centre tab on windows taskbar.
- Find the quick action button there and then look for the Airplane mode button.
- Once you have found the button, click on it.
- Your windows laptop has turned on its airplane mode.
3. Window settings on Windows Laptop
Through window settings, you can also put your windows laptop on airplane mode easily. Below is the step-by-step guide for the purpose.
- Click on the start button and then select Settings.
- Once the options are enlisted, select Network & Internet.
- Find airplane mode on the left and click on it to enable it.
If we look at the advantages of putting our MacBook or windows laptop on airplane mode, we may get to know how important it is to do in certain conditions and how it can save you from a lot of damage and unnecessary processes on the spot.
We suggest you try all these ways as all of them are safe and effective in regard to the issue. However, in our point of view, the parallel toolbox option is the easiest and most meritorious way among all that provides you with an accurate and simplest procedure that completely fits your query of how to put the MacBook on airplane mode. Hope this article has aided you with your queries and getting desired results.